Castaways Marina is located near two large public marinas: Twin City Marina and River Heights Marina. Both of these marinas feature restaurants with a river view that are accessible both by land and water. There are a number of other restaurants and bars nearby.
- Overboard Bar and Grill — Located in Twin City Marina; 4455 64th St East. Accessible by car, boat or a short walk.
- Mississippi Pub — Located at River Heights Marina; 4455 66th Street East. Accessible by boat, car, or a short walk.
- Jersey’s Bar – Located within walking distance from the marina. 6449 Concord Blvd.
- Twin City Marina is a full service marina and professional marine service facility.
- River Heights Marina is a full service marina that provides transient dockage and a private boat ramp.
- PLUS several bars and restaurants, gas stations and other commercial facilities along Concord Avenue within a mile or two of the marina.
- Mississippi River Trail — bike paths connecting from downtown St. Paul to Lock #2.
- Rock Island Swing Bridge — within walking distance; The park provides great views of the Mississippi River; walk out onto the pier and take-in the views from the scenic overlook.
- Heritage Village Park — adjacent to Castaways; dog park and playground (future)
- Newport Island — Castaways also owns a portion of Newport Island which is our “backyard.” The island is across the back channel from the head pier. It has hiking trails, a firepit area, and abundant birdwatching and wildlife.
- Pool # 2 of the Mississippi River offers many areas for adventure. There are many backwaters to explore, islands to beach your boat for a night or longer, and safe anchorages for a relaxing afternoon or overnight.